Nowadays, the use of recreational drugs is rising among people. Cases of drug abuse are increasing everywhere. So, many people need to undergo drug tests for various reasons. A drug test is an analysis conducted to check the presence of one or more drugs in the human system. Drug tests are perfect for diverse testing situations, including pre-employment screening, rehabs, healthcare, prisons, reasonable suspicion, etc. You can check for various drugs through testing like marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines, barbiturates, methadone, etc.
Drug testing is done through different methods, like oral, urine, blood, hair, and sweat tests. Specimens are taken and sent to laboratories for analysis. Also, kits are available to complete drug tests on-site and get results in less time. Urine drug tests and saliva drug tests are more popular methods than others. It is also true that saliva drug tests have more benefits than a urine drug test. In this article, you can check the details of a saliva drug test and how it is better than a urine drug test. Also, we will tell you about 5-panel saliva test:
About Saliva Drug Test
An oral fluid (saliva) drug test is best for drug screening. It detects traces of substances in someone’s saliva to identify the presence of drugs. If you use a saliva drug test kit, you will get results in a few minutes. Lab results for saliva drug tests take 24 hours. It is better to use saliva drug test kits due to their 99% accuracy. A negative outcome means no drugs were present in your body. Also, a positive result means one or more drugs were found in your body.
If you are not sure about the accuracy of the saliva drug test, you can send it for the lab test. A saliva drug test is best to detect the traces of alcohol, amphetamines, benzodiazepines, cocaine, barbiturates, marijuana, methamphetamine, etc. Drivers, pilots, and healthcare workers undergo drug testing for public safety. Also, a company can order their employees to undergo saliva drug tests for recurring mishaps, suspicious behaviors, increased absenteeism, etc.
Why Saliva Drug Test Is Better Than Urine Drug Test
The use of urine drug tests has been happening for a long time. But, saliva drug tests are getting more popular than urine drug tests. It is happening due to the benefits of saliva drug tests. Below, you check why saliva drug tests are better than urine drug tests:
- There is privacy in the saliva drug test for the donors. It is missing in the urine drug tests. People need a private restroom to take the sample urine test. Also, this test requires a gender-specific observer. On the other hand, saliva drug testing does not need gender-specific observers or dedicated rooms for sample collection.
- Saliva drug testing is best due to its simplicity and ease of sample collection. Donors do not face any pain or discomfort in performing this test. On the other hand, donors with shy bladders can face issue with the urine drug test.
- Saliva testing is better than urine testing due to its accuracy. It provides better accuracy than the urine drug test. Also, saliva tests have a rate of 97%.
- A saliva drug test can detect recent drug use. It is not possible in the urine drug test. Also, the oral fluid drug test is best for reasonable suspicion and post-accident tests.
- There is a saliva drug test kit available that allows on-site drug testing. On the other hand, you have to send the sample for a urine drug test in a lab. A saliva drug test provides results in a few minutes whereas a urine drug test takes 24 hours.
5 Panel Saliva Drug Test
A 5-panel saliva test kit is best to test for detecting the use of five drugs; cocaine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, opiates, PCP, and THC. This kit is easy to use and provides instant outcomes. It is non-invasive and detects more recent drug use. Also, it is tough to tamper with the sample of a saliva drug test.
A 5-panel saliva drug test kit is best for people with shy bladder. It also provides highly accurate tests at an affordable price. You can order a 5-panel saliva kit online at $7.30.