The heavy demand for software applications has necessitated the need for companies to step up production to meet the rising requirements. The fact shared by buildfire that mobile apps alone are expected to generate $935 billion in revenue in 2023 is proof of how demand for apps is skyrocketing.
With app rejections and uninstallations common these days, it has become vital to ensure applications meet user expectations in terms of functionality and user experience. Software applications are becoming increasingly complex as they are built on layers of code and networks of subsystems, each intertwined with one another. The failure of even a single component can impact the entire product.
Each component’s stability, on its own and as part of the entire application system, is crucial to the success of an application. This emphasizes the need to test entire applications from start to finish, covering all software modules, APIs, networking systems, and end-user interfaces. Such comprehensive testing is possible only through end-to-end testing.
Importance of end-to-end testing
End-to-end testing verifies that an application behaves as intended and checks if the data flow between processes is consistent. The testing process ensures your application is production-ready.
Here are the benefits end-to-end testing offers:
- Expands test coverage: By checking even the interaction between services and subsystems, end-to-end testing expands test coverage to reduce risk and ensure quality.
- Decreases costs and efforts: As testing is done at each iteration and with the incidence of fewer bugs and breakdowns in released products, the need to repeat or redo tests is eliminated, thereby reducing costs and effort related to testing.
- Ensures your application is perfect: It validates your application’s functions at every level, front to back, across multiple systems, and as a whole. Moreover, it also evaluates the app’s performance across different end-user environments.
- Catches bugs at early stages: In agile environments, end-to-end testing is done for every iteration, allowing bugs to be found and resolved before they become more difficult to identify and fix.
Now that you are aware of how end-to-end testing can benefit your organization, it is time for the next step, i.e., to find the right end-to-end testing tool that will offer the benefits discussed above.
Best End-to-end Testing Tools To Look Out For in 2024
Compare the features of these 5 end-to-end testing tools and evaluate if they are suitable for your organization’s testing requirements.
Whenever end-to-end testing tools are discussed, TestGrid, the codeless testing platform, is always considered. The reasons for this include the platform’s cost-efficiency, high level of accuracy, ease of testing, and greater speed while testing applications. TestGrid simplifies the process of end-to-end testing with its AI-powered features and helps you identify bugs earlier in the development process, preventing the huge costs that may occur as a consequence of finding issues post-production.
Features of TestGrid
- It allows you to perform API testing and cross-browser testing and get performance metrics without the need to install any other tools
- Its secure cloud infrastructure offers thousands of real devices for testing with easy access to remote teams
- It lets you automate test cases with the help of simple keywords
- Facilitates easy test management through auto-healing of test cases using its AI features
- Allows robotic test automation for OTT and POS devices
- Lets you automate mobile and web applications, as well as IoT and custom hardware
- Allows you to seamlessly scale your automation efforts up or down as per changing needs
- Provides rich insights into applications that you can share with all stakeholders involved in the testing process
This popular codeless testing tool is preferred by many organizations for end-to-end testing as it enables anyone to create, execute, and automate tests without needing any specialized coding knowledge. Among other features, it allows you to integrate it with tools like Slack, Jenkins, and CircleCI for more comprehensive testing.
Features of Autify:
- It has a unique auto-repair functionality that identifies changes in the source code and automatically corrects the test scenarios at every run
- Lets you conduct up to ten cross-browser tests at the same time, saving precious time
- It has an intuitive UI that makes the test creation process easier for testers
- Provides support for both desktop and mobile browsers
- Its visual regression feature lets you automatically spot differences in the UI and run tests without maintenance
It is one of the leading end-to-end testing tools that lets you seamlessly create no-code tests across native and hybrid mobile apps, mobile browsers, and API. TestRigor reduces your test maintenance efforts significantly.
Features of TestRigor:
- Lets your testing team author test cases in plain English
- Provides support for cross-platform and cross-browser testing
- It integrates easily with CI/CD tools, facilitating continuous testing
- It offers a secure infrastructure that is SOC 2 Type 2 compliant
- Lets you conduct API testing and even offers the mocking of API calls
This end-to-end testing tool is trusted by organizations for its reliability and cost-effectiveness. Its unified platform facilitates the speedy delivery of high-quality applications by reducing the time taken on test creation and maintenance.
Features of Mabl:
- Early identification of bugs during the development cycle, preventing unnecessary bottlenecks during later stages
- Allows creation and execution of test cases without coding experience
- Lets you reuse your test workflows across multiple test plans
- Facilitates parallel testing and reduces your worries about managing infrastructure
- Provides detailed test results for all tests, whether passed or failed
This automation testing tool facilitates end-to-end testing of mobile and web applications without writing any code. It offers some excellent features like easy integration with popular tools like Jenkins and is known for its capability to provide comprehensive real-time test reports.
Features of Endtest:
- Integrates seamlessly with your CI/CD workflow
- Lets you conduct parallel testing across multiple environments
- By providing a pixel-to-pixel comparison feature, it allows you to check visual changes to your app
- Facilitates easy debugging with the help of screenshots and recordings for each test execution
- Provides a mobile recorder that lets you build complex tests without code
By now, it must be clear that if you are in the software production business, you cannot overlook end-to-end testing of the applications you make. This applies to companies of all sizes, whether you are an established large organization, a medium-sized company, or a start-up.
The next logical step is to select one tool from our curated list of top end-to-end testing tools. Most organizations will recommend the AI-powered codeless testing platform TestGrid for your end-to-end testing needs as it is unbeatable in terms of capabilities, speed of testing, and cost-effectiveness.
With TestGrid, you can deliver your software products on time thanks to its AI-powered features. It lets you conduct multiple tests in parallel across hundreds of real devices and browsers, reducing your efforts and time wastage. TestGrid helps you maintain your standing in the software market with timely delivery of glitch-free, user-centric applications.